Because my first day was packed I took it is easy on day two. I needed to find a few things for the trip to Thailand so I headed to one of the zillion malls. As I was digging through some sale bins I came across some Nike Dri Fit bustier and lingerie …. Um what???? Back the bus up. I was not aware that Nike had ventured into bedroom apparel and on top of that felt the need to make it Dri Fit. The ability to speak English to purchase food is one thing, but being able to laugh with fellow shoppers about Nike negligees is another. I was beside myself.
Anyway, moving on. The next task I had pains me to even type about. I had to buy, uh, deep breath, comfort sandals. After days of walking everywhere I knew I needed an alternative to sneakers and flip flops. After three sales people assured me they weren’t ugly I bought a pair of wonderfully comfie sandals.
With my comfie sandals on board we headed to Kampong Glam for dinner. This area of Singapore was once the seat of Malay royalty and the designated Malay-Muslim enclave in the early 1800’s. The Sultan’s mosque is located here along with rows of historically preserved store fronts. The taste of the evening? A murtabak which is a traditional Muslim food made of egg dough stuffed/combined with a meat mixture. The end product was a cross between Egg foo young, pancakes, and a hamburger.
2 comments:
I think we need a picture of those sandals :)
Hope you are enjoying your travels! So glad you started a blog so we can keep up with you.
Hey Leslie--I came to your blog via Katie's blog (not sure if you remember me--Elizabeth Wine from THS) just popping in to say hi and it sounds like you are having an amazing time!
Post a Comment